EMPLOYER COVID-19 COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all societies, governments and economies. Health directly impacts human capital and our labor markets. Testing is critical to keeping our country safe and businesses open.
Kai Medical Laboratory offers multiple types of testing for COVID-19 detection at your company’s location(s) for your employees.
VIRAL Molecular Testing – Active Infection Detection
This test, an RT-PCR assay, directly screens for the active virus in patient’s RNA genetic sequence. By detecting the viral RNA, which may be present before symptoms show up, the test can tell if someone has the virus early on. By scaling molecular testing to test vast groups in a population, doctors can initiate treatment early and patients can immediately self-quarantine to minimize the spread of viral infections especially COVID-19. A PCR swab test should be used for anyone who has symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
- The RT-PCR is a nasal or oral swab.
- RT-PCR tests are ordered by a healthcare provider to diagnose and treat patients.
- The value of an RT-PCR test is to inform individuals if they have an active infection so they can anticipate course of illness and take action to self-isolate and prevent transmission.
- Molecular testing is considered the gold standard for testing & diagnosing active viral infections.
Antibody Testing - Historic Infection Detection
Antibody Test: Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Immunoassay
- The Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunoassay can be used to test human serum.
- The Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunoassay is ordered by a healthcare provider to detect if there has been an adaptive immune response to COVID-19.
- High Specificity: This test identified - with 99.81% specificity - patients who have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and produced high affinity/mature antibodies as a result of that exposure. This high specificity has been proven on more than 5000 samples tested as part of the FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) submission evaluation.
- High Sensitivity: This test correctly identified 100% of patients that had been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 more than 14 days after PCR confirmed infection.
- No Cross-Reactivity: This double antigen design targets only high affinity/mature antibodies and has shown no cross-reactivity to other viruses like HIV, common cold, other coronaviruses, or flu.
- The Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunoassay should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions. Direct testing, RT-PCR, for SARS-CoV-2 should be performed if acute infection is suspected.
Rapid Antibody Test: SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Lateral Flow Serology
- Quick and easy to use with results available in 15 minutes.
- Does not require laboratory instrumentation.
- Should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions. Direct testing, RT-PCR, for SARS-CoV-2 should be performed if acute infection is suspected.
- This test uses serology technology which measures the presence of antibodies in the blood when your body responds to an infection.